- Vaccinate! Getting vaccinated greatly lowers your chances of severe symptoms when sick with COVID-19, flu, and other illnesses. Click here for more information about vaccines/immunizations.
- Go to your primary care physician regularly for check-ups to stay healthy.
- Know what diseases are prevalent in your community and how you can protect yourself.
- To prevent bug bites, have bug spray, wear long sleeve/pants, and remove standing water from areas in/around your home.
- If traveling, ask your doctor if there are any prevalent diseases you should be aware of and what precautions you should take. Click here to look up a destination on the CDC website to see disease prevalence.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect areas regularly.
- Use bug spray and wear long protective clothing.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Wear a mask or isolate when your are feeling sick.
- Make sure to clean vegetables thoroughly and cook meat to the recommended temperature.
- Follow the guidelines listed on the CDC website if you have been exposed to an infectious disease
- Follow up with your doctor or seek medical attention if symptoms persist or worsen